Friday, September 10, 2010

First Map - Sigilsval, the Mad Lands

Today, I completed the first draft of my campaign world map. I made this using Artweaver, a free version of photoshop, designed for painting using a computer. It is an awesome program, created by a German company, but also available in English. I love it. It works great. I spent about 13 hours working on this today - good use of a day off in my opinion. The full size map is 36 by 24, made for poster printing. I will eventually poster print this, given some time and perfecting it. I still need to work out some of the details on the map, including shading around some of the continents, as well as some of the other fine details, such as cities and roads, but for now, the general topography of the world is on digital paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment