Saturday, September 25, 2010

Thursday Game - Campaign Begins Pt. 1

I had meant to post our first session report on Thursday, but it has been a busy couple days. I caught a cold, so I have been sleeping a lot. The Game went really, really well. Everyone got to my house around 1 pm. The group I am playing with now is an assemblage of other English teachers from the area. Some of them have been here for several years, but all of them have a range of experience with Dungeons and Dragons. Some of the players are very new to the game and have never played before. Some have played in different versions, but not 4e. Some of them are actually playing in another ongoing campaign taking place weekly.

We started by refining and building characters. I have the DnD Character Builder on my PC, so, we took turns letting people use it to build their characters. Another of the players brought theirs too which really helped to speed up character creation. It took abuot 2 hours to help 5 people make characters essentially from scratch. This would never have been possible in the past.

The characters playing in this game are as follows; we decided to start all characters off at Level 5 to make the game a bit more interesting.
  • Deva Cleric
  • Halfling Rogue
  • Minotaur Barbarian
  • Revenant Half-Elf Ranger
  • Dwarf Battlemind
  • Half-Elf Ardent
  • Human Wizard

The group is a great mix of classic old-school and awesome new. I really like this type of character mix. I'll post some of the character backstories up here, on the blog, as my players submit them.

After character generation, we did a quick sample Encounter, mostly so people could understand the variety of powers they have available. This encounter went really quickly and we decided to start the game. I'll talk about the campaign itself in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment