Thursday, November 4, 2010

Genesis Journal #1 - Mad Lands Characteristics

I have been going back and looking at the published Wizards of the Coast Campaign Settings Forgotten Realms, Eberron, and Dark Sun, in order to better model my setting after these sources. Looking at the '8 Characteristics of Athas' section of the Dark Sun Campaign book has proved to be a very rewarding experience.

I previously posted a few Important Facts about the setting I am currently working on and after revising these facts, to some extent, I have flushed them out and come up with 10 Characteristics of the Mad Lands (the workding title for my current setting).

#1 - A World in Transition

#2 - Steam is IN

#3 - Magic is OUT

#4 - The Alien is Among You

#5 - Azatar's Power is Leaking

#6 - The Gods Have Declared War

#7 - The Industrial Revolution has Begun

#8 - The Age of Great Adventure is Over...?

#9 - The Aristocracy Rules Supreme

#10 - The Great Beasts are Awakening

Now, at this point, to you, these may seem like just teasers. However, I promise that over the next few days I will explain what all of these mean and how they will be represented in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment