Friday, December 3, 2010

Beastfolk Races - Usagi (Rabbitfolk) Pt. 1

I previously uploaded a homebrew version of the 3.5 Ibixian (Ramfolk) to this blog as part of a project that I am working on for my homebrew setting. There are 12 prominent beastial races in this setting, each one is based off of the 12 animals of the Chinese/Japanese Zodiac. Thanks to Wizards of the Coast, the Minotaur and the Dragonborn have already knocked 2 of these animals out for me. After having updated the Ramfolk from 3.5, all I have to do is update the other 9.





Today, I will be showcasing the statblock for one more of these races - the Usagi (Rabbitfolk).





*****





Usagi (Rabbit-folk) (Fran - From FFXII)
Average Height: 5’5”-6’
Average Weight: 120 – 170 lbs

Ability Scores: +2 Dexterity and +2 Wisdom or Charisma
Size: Medium
Speed: 7
Vision: Normal

Languages: Common, Usagi
Skill Bonuses: +2 Acrobatics +2 Stealth
Quick Shifting: When an Usagi makes a shift action to move 1 square, it can move 2 squares instead.
Quick Reflexes: Usagi gain a +2 Bonus to Reflex Defense
Run and Jump: When an Usagi makes a run action, it can jump up to 3 squares as part of the move action without making any skill checks.
Leaping Attack: You have the Leaping Attack Encounter Power

Leaping Attack Usagi Racial Power
You leap through the air delivering a devastating blow to your opponent.
Encounter
Free action
You may jump up to 3 squares towards the enemy before making your next attack with a melee weapon; then the attack deals an additional 1d4 damage if it hits.

*****

In part 2 of this race you will get background and story elements, in part 3 you will get some Racial feats. Not sure when I can promise any paragon paths... sorry!

4 comments:

  1. Well, my post is nowhere near as interesting, but we seem to have been riding a similar wavelength at one time or another: http://likebeingreadtofromdictionaries.blogspot.com/2010/09/theres-totally-anthropomorphic-rabbits.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. o God. Love the post you made actually. i remember that book from working in a game store a long time back, but I could never remember exactly what it was called. going to have to try to find that on e-bay or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to play a three foot tall mutant rat called "Strid" who wielded twin short swords in a 1980's Gama World game. I looking forward to your Rat entry in the zodiac since that was a fun character for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOo, I think you already missed it. I did that one on the 6th. If you search for Beastfolk in my categories cloud, you will find it. :)

    ReplyDelete