Friday, December 3, 2010

City Builder RPG - Free General Rules PDF coming soon

I have been doing some serious hacking to my Game Chef entry for this year. If you didn't catch what it was called, you missed a big flop. Edge of Annihilation: The Last City, was too long, wordy, needed editing, the rules were hard to understand, and the system was overly complex. Hopefully, this will all have changed when I release the first edition of the City Builder RPG - general rules next month. This RPG will be available in a Free PDF form. I will also be releasing several different versions of the game over next year - these versions of the game will be based off building a city, cooperatively and competitively, in fantasy, post-apocolyptic, sci-fi, and survival horror based worlds. Each of these games will use the same basic rules set, but slightly modified to fit the setting, and, have added flavor to make the game fit the mood better.

Stay tuned to catch the game when it makes its debut in early 2011.

2 comments:

  1. I am intrigued by your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

    ;)

    This is awesome stuff. I love games where things get built that can then be used for other games - what a great way to populate a sandbox game world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea. That is exactly what I had in mind. Fleshing out a city on your own can be a lot of work, but if you play the birth and growth of that city out with friends, it can be a lot of fun I think.

    ReplyDelete