Wednesday, December 15, 2010

City Builder - Update - Call for Playtesters

I have been hard at work at home this week, virtually every day, trying to get more done on my new game City Builder: Architects. So far, I am really liking how things are shaping up. I have been redoing some of the game mechanics that went into Edge of Annihilation: The Last City, and hopefully, the new edition will be much easier to get through. I have done all the major formatting for the book and it is looking pretty good, I must say (lacking art, but looking pretty good).

The free PDF of City Builder Architects will include:
All the basic rules for the game.
Character Creation Guide.
Guides for Buildings, NPCs, and Citizens.
Event and Item tables.
And... much, much more.

With any luck, I will be done with this before the big X'mas break here, but that might be pushing things considering my massive work load at the moment. I am going to need playtesters for the game, so If you are interested in joining my City Builder Playtest, I would love to get your comments on how the game plays out. Leave a comment in this post and I will add you to the Playtest. Playtests will have access to the setting specific versions of this game for free as they come out over the next year.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck. I will be very interested to see how your city system fits together, sounds very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I will be interested to see how it finally gets together as well. When it is done, I will really be needing people to try v. 1.0 out before I move ahead with the themed versions of the game. At this point you could kind of think of it as like a co-operative version of Sim City combined with group storytelling.

    ReplyDelete