Sunday, December 12, 2010

Expanding My Horizons - New Game Coverage on the Way

I have been reexamining my goals for this website over the last few days now that I have finally hit 200 posts. It has been a long ride, but I am really happy with how the site has progressed, but, looking at my goals for this site, I realized that I have gotten a bit off track.

At the outset, I hadn't really intended for this site to be completely concerned with 4th Edition D&D. However, that is exactly what it has become. I have been covering Wizards of the Coast and 4e almost exclusively over the last 2 years mostly because this is the only game that I have really had the chance to play recently.

Living in Japan doesn't really give me the chance to play too many different games, but I have finally convinced my wife to give some Role Playing a Try. However, I don't really anticipate any long campaigns to come out of this immidiately. What I have talked with her about is exploring a variety of new games and settings in order to find one that we can play together and enjoy. So... I now have an excuse to begin expanding my RPG collection.

Some of the games which I have picked up, or will be picking up in the near future include:

Pathfinder
Deathwatch
Savage Worlds
Mouse Guard
Gamma World

and lastly, L5R. L5R looks like it is going to be our starting point. The fact that my wife is Japanese, I live in Japan, and play games with my wife in Japanese, this just seems to be the logical starting point. I have the L5R Core Rule Book on order and I will be picking it up around Christmas when I make my annual trip back to the US. Now, I am going over the free RPG day adventures and quick start and I have to say, I am really impressed with the 4e style of the game. Can't wait to give it a try.

Look forward to a vast variety of new game coverage, news, and homebrew covering not only 4e, but also a variety of other sources as well.

Finally, as I am planning a fairly large expansion to this site, I am looking for other people who would like to join me in writing on any of these, or other games. If you would like to be a guest poster here, please e-mail me! you can find my contact information at the top of this page.

Thanks for your continuing support!

No comments:

Post a Comment