Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A New Challenger Appears - The Dump Stat Welcomes Exist

No, but really- greetings one and all. My name is Skyler, a.k.a. Exist.

I am 23, happily married, and much like my best buddy Shinobicow, whom you have all had the chance to get to know through his posts, have been a gamer for a very long time.

For me it started when I first got my hands on a super nintendo and played Mario Bros until mushrooms and piranah plants where popping out of my ears. To this day, I still have an aversion to green pipes and turtles... But that's another story. It can be safely stated that this was the beginning of my gaming life and knew I wanted more! From that point on, I was hooked on all things video games, and began my long journey into 'nerdom'.

These days I live my life with no regrets for my passions and hobbies, and would happily like to think of myself as farily seasoned gamer and well rounded nerd. I have hundreds of video games under my belt, and am also a big fan of table top gaming with a couple years experience Warhammer 40K and Dungeons & Dragons (3.0 and 3.5).

Currently, I am actively playing World of Warcraft, CoD: Black Ops, and Warcraft 3's DotA. Unfortunately there are not many chances to play D&D right now, but I still thouroughly enjoy it when the opportunity arises.

Now for those of you who were able to endure my life story and make it this far, I am pleased to announce I will be starting my own series here at The Dump Stat, "I Suck at Warmachine". I have been begged for many years by my peers to start playing and I am finaly giving into peerpresure. (see how easy I am?).

It will be a weekly series that will chronical my experiences in learning the game from ground zero, starting my army, and getting my teeth kicked in and my ass handed to me by my so-called 'friends'. It is intended to help give insight to those of you who have never played a table top strategy game before, are interested in picking one up, or if you just enjoy reading about an egotistacal jerk getting his face trampled on by those he would consider lesser than himself. There will be rants about my crushing defeats. There will be gloats about my unparrelled victories (you know, the ones I accidently win with some lucky rolls... or something). And once I cool down, there will be an objective and detailed analysis of the game itself, and how to (hopefully) get better at it by learning from my mistakes.

Come check it out!

If anyone has any questions, suggestions, or need to contact me for any reason, I can be reached at exist.dumpstat@gmail.com.
You can also follow me on Twitter @Exist776

4 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too... where are those posts at Skyler?? hmmmm..... come on??? your audience is waiting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been busy trying to fix my PC. Also just came back from a local tournament and finished assembling my models. New posts soon =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay. looking forward to hearing about your tournament report.

    ReplyDelete