Sunday, February 13, 2011

24 Hour RPG Contest 2011 - Movie Mash-Ups Edition

If you hadn’t heard, Rob Lang, the owner of the Free RPG Blog, has started up this year’s edition of the 24 Hour RPG. If you didn’t know, the 24 Hour RPG Contest comes around about once a year – the goal of this competition: design a game from the ground up in a single day, art, layout, and all. When it’s all said and done, everybody who threw their game into the contest gets the satisfaction and the sleep deprivation to show that they put in some serious work on something a bit ridiculous, but at the same time, probably awesome.

The topic of this year’s 24 Hour RPG is a bit special. This year, Rob Lang has tasked all the entrants with mashing two movies together in order to form their special little Free RPG. It sounds like a lot of fun and the list of movies to choose from is long and full of win. You should go give the competition a look over and try and make an entry for yourself – I’ll be working on one this weekend when I have the time to really hit the laptop (or netbook as my case might have it). I have no idea what movies I’m going to play with yet, but I have a few on that list that I’m particularly drawn to… can you say “Sound of Music” ? WIN.

You can find the forums for the event, where discussion is taking place here - 1KM1KT Forums: 2011 Movie Mashups.

2 comments:

  1. i look forward to reading your entry! I'm sure it'll be full of "win"! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was up all night thinking about this one. Lots of possibilities. Too many movies to chose from.... going to be hard to trim things down.

    ReplyDelete