Thursday, February 3, 2011

Dark Souls - The Sequel to Demon's Souls Announced... YES!!!

Well, you know how I have talked about this one particular PS3 game for a long time on this blog... yea, I'm talking about Demon's Souls - my favorite PS3 game, and among my top favorite games of all time.  Well, the day that we have all been patiently waiting for has finally come.  From in conjunction with Namco-Bandai has announced the upcoming sequel to Demon's Souls - Dark Souls.  It looks awesome.  I want to bring you the game trailer so you can bask in all of its awesome splendor.  This deserves several cauldrons and a giant swimming pool full of WIN!



I have almost nothing bad to say about the original game.  Sure, it was a bit grindy, but who cares.  It was amazing.  Give it a try and you will most certainly not be disappointed.  I could write a guide to that game based on how much I have played it and exploited all the games secrets (yea I did the thing on 4-2 sooo many times that it made my bow and arrows scream and pain - if you played the game you know what I mean). 

I can't wait for this to hit shelves.  Usually, I don't pay premium price for video games.  I tend to wait a year or two and pick them up for about 1/3 of the original price, but this one is going to be a buy-on-sight.  Some people are complaining that they wish it was an exclusive like the first one was, but honestly, if it becomes a non-exclusive and through that this brand gets more attention and they make a 3rd/4th/5th game in the series I will spill tears of joy in such large quantities that rainclouds will get performance anxiety.

2 comments:

  1. epic. The whole time I played Demon Souls I kept thinking, man this would be suuuuuch a rad campaign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm kind of trying to develop that as a side project atm. I'll let you know how it turns out when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete