Sunday, February 27, 2011

We need an RPG like this....

WARNING!!  NSFW WARNING!!

I don't usually post stuff that isn't clean on my site, but this weekend, after hearing all the related news to the Video Game Bulletstorm I decided that I was going to have to have a go at the demo.  I picked it up off of PSN and, well, it was amazing.  The demo was really, really fun and I can only imagine that the full version of the game will be as well.  I can't imagine how mad multiplayer in this game is going to be, but I am sure that it will be more fun than barrels full of monkeys. 

Check out the trailer for the game below.



If you're not sold on the game simply from the preview trailer above, you should download a copy of the demo for the nex-gen console of your choice.   It didn't last all that long, but I'll tell you a secret - If you play the demo, and finish it, you can get some cool stuff for the game when it comes out.

But, why do I bring all this up?  Well, it kind of makes me wonder if we could put an RPG together like this.  One that lives on a mantra like "KILL WITH SKILL!"

In my mind, that would be sweet.  It might not be something that everybody would want to play, or something that you could run long campaigns of, but I think it would fall into the category of games for me, like the new edition of Gamma World.  I would play it once in a whle and probably drink a beer while I play.

3 comments:

  1. ... Why is my first reaction to this, "Wait, wouldn't that basically just be D&D but with more guns?" :D

    Second reaction? Okay, yeah, it'd be fun. I think you could sell me on it. And whatever else can be said about Bulletstorm, it DOES at least look kind of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't really referring to all the guns, but rather to the style of the game. I would love to have an RPG which gives you more points based on how interesting your skill kills are. That would be awesome.

    Though I could totally see using the Amethyst rules for firearms and then just spicing things up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Basically any game with a stunt mechanism is this. I may be stretching it (or delusional), but I see this working in Feng Shui or Exalted with little to no modification.

    ReplyDelete