Thursday, March 10, 2011

One Page Dungeon Contest 2011 Begins, Ends April 1st

Well, If you weren't aware, the One Page Dungeon Contest 2011 has begun.  The Contest starts now and will go until April 1st.  If you haven't seen any of the entries for the last couple of years, you're missing out.  I almost tried to put together one for the contest in 2009, but getting married kind of rained on my One Page Dungeon parade.  Then, in 2010, having my son squashed any chance of trying for that one too.  But, this time around, I will not be defeated.  I am determined to give this one a try. These One Page Dungeons fill the role of something I've been looking for in RPG's for a long time - the cool random places that you find in an open world.  I could totally see myself filling a sandbox world with many of these locations.  Would you do the same?  Have you run one of the past dungeons?  What was your experience?  How did you do it??

If you actually need to be incentivized by prizes rather than by just the joy of entering and having fun in a contest like this, you might want to take a look at the loot list.  It's pretty crazy long.

1 comment:

  1. The one page dungeons are very cool as practical game aids, but many of them also seem like works of art (which make them doubly cool).
    I'm also going to try and get of my ass to get something in by the end of the month... though I doubt mine will qualify as one of those works of art :)

    ReplyDelete