Friday, March 11, 2011

One Step Closer to Understanding Old School Gaming - Thank You Underdark Gazette

What you may not have realized is that all this Hot Elf Chick stuff happening on the RPGBN has actually helped and "welcomed" me into old school gaming quite a bit.  James over at the Underdark Gazette, sparked the whole Hot Elf Chick craze with his post here, but in that post, he actually provided some great links to some cool stuff, which I am going to repost here as well (I would imagine that a lot of my readers aren't familiar with these, so, I hope that is all right).


I'm really new to old school D&D, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to know and learn more about it.  But, the links above aren't nearly as comprehensive as all the other stuff James has over at the Underdark Gazette.  He also offers a great Guide to Free OSR Resources, which collects a significant amount of old school gaming related content all into one place.  This is now bookmarked for me and I'll be revisiting it in the future.  If I could give a "Old School Gaming Guide" award to somebody out there, I would be giving it to him!  Thanks so much for being such a great OSR Guide James!  Keep it up!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see that James' idea did indeed have some impact. I know you play newer games but I hope you find stuff to like in the older games as well. Either way, I'm sure you'll find most of us old guys are pretty accomodating when it comes to gaming. It's all good. Just roll the dice and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. Roll them dice, have some fun. It's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why thank you! And to keep up with things, be sure to check out my Sunday News posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good James! Will do. Yea, I find most of the OSR community is really good about helping new people go old school, some people come in too strongly with their opinions on which game is best, but apart from that, I find the community to be just that, a community.

    ReplyDelete