Sunday, August 21, 2011

Power to the Power Gamers! - Lair Assault Begins Soon!!

LAIR ASSAULT IS FINALLY HERE!!!... then again, I'm not, so what am I so excited about??   :P

No, but really, I guess I belong to that hated group of gamers who really enjoy power gaming and optimization.  I think a lot of us math nerds get our kicks through stuff like this.  The strategies and tactics of power gaming can be so much fun, are you in?

Today, August 22nd, Wizards released a bit more news talking about their Lair Assault program and exactly what that would entail.  The game sounds like it is going to be a barrel of fun.  I would love to be the DM running that, but at the same time, I think I would love to run through it once as a player first, mainly to see if I am up to the challenge, and can actually get through all those waves of killer monsters in what could be one of the most difficult encounters that WotC has put out.

Needless to say, I will be keeping my eyes out for copies of the DM kit as they show up on Ebay and used book stores/game shops.  I hope people enjoy the encounters and come home wary from the thrill of total party annihilation.

If I have the time, I might post some of my favorite optimized character concepts for your collective perusal. Also, if you happen to be reading this blog and plan on partaking in this event, I encourage you to post links to your optimized character for the full benefit of the world at large.  We would love to see what you have in store for Forge of the Dawn Titan!

No comments:

Post a Comment