Thursday, October 27, 2016

Wednesday Night Dungeons and Dragons - The Demon Lord Cometh

I Just Wanted To Punch Something...



Last night was my new weekly Dungeons and Dragons game. Our Wednesday game is pretty epic. I gotta admit I'm jealous that I didn't get to play with these guys starting in January. They seem to have quite a good group. Last night, we got our D&D on in a quest through the underdark, but not before the Dungeon Master finished hooking up my character. Before our session started he handed me my legendary gear, which would help me keep up with the rest of the party. Oh man. Let's just say I won't be wielding my staff of power in Melee anymore. I thought I knew Kung Fu, but now...




My dungeon master hooked me up with some truly epic gear.

The following are homebrew items which he whipped up especially for me. When combined, like voltron, they give some especially awesome effects.

The Handwraps of Serenity
(Bracers, Legendary, Requires Attunement)

  • +5 to Ki Pool (Stackable Effect)
  • Increase to the Damage Dealt with Unarmed strikes - d10's.
  • Gains an additional attack each turn.
Footwraps of Tranquility
(Boots, Legendary, Requires Attunement)
  • +10 Bonus to Movement
  • Advantage on Initiative
  • +5 Bonus to Ki Pool (Stackable Effect)
  • Speed is not reduced when encumbered or when wearing heavy armor.
  • Whenever you jump you may triple the distance.
Meditation Beads of Balance
(Necklace, Legendary, Requires Attunement)
  • +5 to Ki Pool (Stackable Effect)
  • Advantage on Dexterity Saving Throws and Acrobatics checks that deal with maintaining balance, falling prone, or being pushed/pulled.
  • Elemental Transcendance: Once per short rest, you can attune yourself to a damage type and gain resistance to that damage type until your next short or long rest.
Special Set Bonuses
  • +3 to attacks and damage with unarmed attacks.
  • Add Wisdom modifier to damage with unarmed attacks.
  • Adds 1 additional damage die to unarmed attacks.
Every hit with an unarmed attack can cause the attack to create one additional effect. Each effect can only be used once per turn.
  • Attack deals an additional 2d12 bludgeoning damage.
  • Target must make a DC 17 Con Save or become paralyzed until the start of the next turn.
  • Target must make a DC 17 Strength Save or be pushed 15 ft.
Elemental Harmony
  • Fire Blast: Cost - 5 Ki Points - As an action you can make 1 unarmed attack against 1 creature within 30ft. of you that you can see. ON a hit, you deal 70 fire damage and the target must make a DC 21 Constitution save or take 10 fire damage at the start of each of their turns until it takes an action to douse the flames.
  • Earth Tremor: Cost - 5 Ki Points - As an action you create a tremor with a 30 ft. radius centered on you. Any creature touching the ground must make a DC 23 Dexterity save or take 40 bludgeoning damage and fall prone. Half damage on a save and not knocked prone.
  • Crush: Cost - 4 Ki Points - As an action you create a torrent of water 15 ft. wide by 100 ft. long. Creatures in the line must make a DC 23 Dexterity save or take 55 bludgeoning damage and pushed 100 ft. and the target takes one level of exhaustion. Half damage on a save, the target is not pushed or exhausted.
  • Suffocate: Cost - 5 ki points - As an action you pull all the air out of the lungs of a creature that you can see within 60 ft. of you. The target must make a DC 21 constitution save or drop to 0 hp and is dying. On a successful save, the target cannot breathe or speak until the next turn.
So, those items really turned me into a Kung Fu fighting machine.
With my attack action, my monk now gets: +14 attack roll, 2d10+15 damage with the ability to make at most 5 attacks per round and do an additional 2d12 on one attack. If they're hexed I also get to do 1d6 bonus on every attack. I can also potentially stun, paralyze, and knock them back all in the same attack action. HOT SHIT.

The Adventure Recap!!

Our adventure this week wasn't as long as the previous week's session. I'll talk about that next time.
[To Be Continued...]

 


No comments:

Post a Comment