Tuesday, October 19, 2010

When will we see 4e flaws?

I remember gloriously the days when we had character flaws in 3.5. I loved this system. There were always more feats that I wanted to take and I didn't mind weakening my character in some ways in order to make him stronger in others. I would love to see a return of flaws to 4e in the future. The system may need to be adjusted, but being able to take several of these character defining traits, I think, would be a great addition to the game. In the meantime, I will be rolling up some new flaws/traits as homebrew for my ongoing campaign. Any players who want to, will be able to take these flaws/traits at their leisure. Look to The Dump Stat in the future for flaws coming down the road.

2 comments:

  1. I wrote a short blog post on this topic.
    http://bigballofnofun.blogspot.com/2010/09/4e-disadvantages.html

    D&D has never been really big into the concept of flaws. A lot of other games are big into it. However, there is no reason why they couldn't be included in 4E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O, thanks Callin. I am going to go take a look at that right now. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete