Studio Ghibli Flicks - "Howl's Moving Castle", "Laputa", "Kiki's Delivery Service", etc.

I think that these movies show exactly the kind of images that I want to evoke in my world. I want to make a world that is vibrant and colorful, not simply grey and rusty. The steampunk vision I have for the world is less about grunge and dirt and more about imagination and possibility.
Ruroni Kenshin - this great samurai epic is set during the meiji revolution. This seems to be the kind of environment I am looking for.
Steamboy - Yet another great piece of anime film. Very cool movie. I will definitely be looking at this again and again over the course of this project to make sure that I get Steam Punk done right.
I am sure that there are various other sources, probably too many to name, that I haven't mentioned here, but I am sure they will come up later. For now I will leave you with this: Always keep your eyes up for old ideas that you can make into new ones; you never know where inspiration might come from.
No comments:
Post a Comment